UPDATE:  Mrs Burgess is so much better organised than I am so I thought I would direct everyone to Mrs B’s Team report on how our testing went. http://shelleyburgess.edublogs.org/2011/07/08/spaghetti-bridge-testing/

As an end of term technology project, we have planned for our classes to participate in a spaghetti bridge contest (luckily we had some of this left over from camp as well).

Today we conducted our first experiment and tested the strength of a variety of beams. Hopefully, what they learnt will come in handy for when we start making our bridges early next week. Each group will have a week to undertake their construction before the official testing takes place.

Its not all play however as we expect all of our students to have a good understanding of the terminology and why bridges are built the way they are.

As a quick challenge (and to see if I could embed it), record how long it takes you to find all of these subject words in the word search puzzle below. Post a comment noting how long it took you. If you don’t have access to a timer, use this online one. STOPWATCH

Good searching.

When you find a word, click on the first and last letter.

Make Your Own Word Search